Hordes of Enemies was featured on the AppStore as the Game of the Day in many countries today, thank you Apple!
After two puzzle games kubic & noded, we’re back with an pixel art action/arcade game called Hordes of Enemies.
The game is now available to pre-order on the App Store for FREE and Ii’s due to launch next week on October 3rd.
Hordes of Enemies is a fun pickup and play brawler with 3 main themes/scenes. It supports MFi controllers & iCade, iCloud, ReplayKit, Game Center, Haptic Feedback, 3D Quick Actions, animated iMessage stickers, localized into 12 languages and also available on Apple TV.
This is a truly free-to-play game that comes with two scenes locked, both can be unlocked simply by playing to reach required total scores. Players can also choose to unlock with In-app purchase.
Gorgeous pixel art graphics & animations created by Gustavo Viselner who is best known for his movie based artwork. You can read more about his work in this Kotaku article
We wanted to create a simple and fun game that we would want to play ourselves and we hope that you’ll feel the same, enjoy!
The minimalist puzzle game based on a unique line folding & shape matching mechanism, noded, will launch next week at August 2nd on iOS and Android platforms simultaneously.
noded is a relaxing puzzle game with a simple goal: fold the geometric shape to solve the various challenges. With a clean UI and simple rule-set, noded challenges players to complete 80 uniquely crafted puzzles with the fewest moves possible. Featuring the beautiful ambient music of Kyle Preston (known for “Prune”) and without any time restrictions, noded offers a unique calming experience. noded is a premium ($0.99) game with no ads or in-app purchases.
You can find all the details and the required assets for any reviews/coverage in our Press Kit here.
Our new puzzle game coming soon!
Well, it’s been almost two years (again) since I’ve posted my previous unity plugin suggestions. So, welcome to my now officially biennial post…
As before, Unity received major updates in the mean time and now sitting at v5.3. Some of the previous plugins are not needed anymore such as Unibill (now integrated to 5.3+) or NGUI as native GUI finally become something useable.
So, I’ll cut to the chase and here are my current suggestions for must have add-ons to Unity as of today.
Most Useful Unity Plugins
- DOTween Pro (Link): Just go and get this, it’s super performant and useful. Especially if you are used to working with NGUI and switched to uGUI, you’ll find it’s Animation Component (pro feature) very very very useful.
- Grids (any version depending on your needs) (Link): That one depends on your needs. But if you are planning to use any kind of Grids in your game, don’t torture yourself by coding everything and simply use Grids instead. It’ll save you lots of time.
- InControl (Link): I’ve found this one by the suggestion from Amazon. You can support all kinds of game controllers and this is also very useful for developing games for TV’s (Apple TV, Chromecast, etc.)
- Marvelous Techniques (Link): That one contains bunch of shaders along with some sample scenes. If you’re after a special kind of look for your game, that’ll be a gem.
- CloudOnce (Link): One simple API to deal with iOS Game Center, Google Play Game Services & Amazon GameCircle. That was one the most time consuming parts of my work till that one came along. It also support Cloud saving for all 3 platforms, so do I need to say more?
And the rest
Those are still in my list, but I’ve already mentioned them before. Check out my previous post(s) for more information.
Of course there are more, some of them are already on my wish list. But it wouldn’t be fair to list them above as I haven’t actually used them yet. So, if you are looking for more check out the link!